- Other sub-committees and their responsibilities:
- Funding sub-committee
- Decorating sub-committee
- Volunteer sub-committee
- Food sub-committee
- Marketing sub-committee
The program is the heart of an event. The program content will allow the event goals to be met as well as communicate the theme. A program can focus on one performance, or it can incorporate many different performances and media presentations.
What components will be used in the program will be suggested by the program committee and determined by the event committee. It is the job of the program committee to identify and secure what is needed.
When determining the program, these items should be taken into consideration:
- Audience- who will be participating. Keep presentation relevant and interesting to the audience
- Venue- where the event is located often dictates possibilities for the program
- Event theme/goals- the program content must be in alignment with the overall event theme and goals
- Available money- what resources can be made available to fund/create the program
- Available time- how long is the actual program component of the event
- Committees available time- to secure/create the program
- Technical support- for media development
The Chair of the Program sub committee is responsible for:
- Convening a committee
- Setting meeting times, rehearsal times, and agendas
- Supporting the development of a program plan
- Communicating the program plan to the Event committee
- Identifying needed human and monetary resources
- Creating a planning time line
- Assigning task to committee members
- Coordinating performer contracts and program budget
- Communicating all technical needs to facility at facility meeting
- Coordinating rehearsals and stage management
- Welcoming all performers
- Trouble shooting during program
- Leading an evaluation after the event
- Thanking all of the participants
The Program Committee is responsible for:
- Creating a program plan
- Contacting/Contracting with performers
- Creating/Accessing all needed media
- Creating a performance schedule/script
- Work with Event committee to develop guest program
- Identify and communicate all technical needs
- Be stage hands, MCs, stage managers
- Host Green Room
Program Planning Priorities Check List
Program Committee Priorities
- ___ Develop goals for entertainment
- ___ Choose a Director of Entertainment and Programming (see previous page for specific duties)
- ___ Develop a budget for committee
- ___ Establish and create a backwards timeline for program planning
- ___ Brainstorm possibilities of entertainment
- ___ Present ideas to Event Committee
- ___ Contact all performers, assess needs
- ___ Meet with facility staff
- Determine room set-up
- Determine light and sound needs
- Determine equipment needs
- Determine door control, security, and other personal needs
- ___ Complete contracts for all performers
- ___ Arrange for payment to performer (Purchase request)
- ___ Script the entire performance
- What will be the sequence of events?
- Will you have MCs? How will they participate?
- How will light and sound play a part?
- Prepare a written script for the stage managers, light and sound operators
- ___ Plan logistics, and assign tasks for event night
- Who will be there, when?
- Who will greet the performers?
- Who will keep the show moving along?
- Where will the performers dress?
- Will you be providing food for the performers?
- ___ Rehearsal
Day of the Event Priorities List
- ___ Meet with the Event Coordinator
- ___ Map out the Day
- ___ Troubleshoot
- ___ Confirm arrival of Entertainers
- ___ Confirm light and sound are set