Food donated through this drive must be non-perishable and commercially canned and packaged so the food will not spoil and can be handled safely and efficiently. There is a great need for food high in nutritional value, such as: canned meats, canned fish, stews and soups, canned fruits and vegetables, pasta, infant food/formula, powdered milk and peanut butter. See our Most Wanted Foods poster for more information. Feel free to print this poster to use on your collection containers or at events.
Collecting food items:
All food collected during the 2023 Food Drive should be taken to Surplus located at 644 SW 13th Street in Corvallis. They are open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Make sure to weigh your donation before dropping it off. You must email your collected food weight to firstname.lastname@example.org after you complete your drop off, in order for the weight total to count for the competition.
- To make arrangements for food to be picked up before or after the drive, please contact Linn Benton Food Share at 541-752-1010.
Check your shelves at home for these needed and nutritious foods:
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, salmon, etc.)
- Canned and boxed meals (soup, chili, stew, mac & cheese, etc.)
- Peanut butter
- Canned beans and peas (black, pinto, lentils, etc.)
- Pasta, rice, cereal
- Powdered milk
- Canned fruits
- 100% Fruit juice (canned, plastic or boxed)
See our Most Wanted Foods poster for more information.
And products we cannot use...
To ensure food safety, Linn Benton Food Share cannot accept:
- Rusty or unlabeled cans
- Perishable items (except for donated garden produce. These items should be taken directly to a food bank during open hours.)
- Homemade items
- Non-commercially canned/packaged items
- Alcoholic beverages, mixes or soda