Oregon State's art sheet contains logos, wordmarks, verbiage, correct PMS colors and general information about the university. As part of the cost of licensing, licensees will gain access to the art sheet through Logos on Demand. General design guidelines and detailed information about each logo are listed below.
In addition to the logos on the artsheet, the following wordmarks are also registered trademarks.
- Oregon State UniversityTM
- Oregon StateTM
- Oregon State University BeaversTM
- OSU BeaversTM
- Beaver PrideTM
- Go BeavsTM
General Design Guidelines
- All university logos need to have the appropriate trademark registration symbols.
- Changes to the logos are not permitted, including altering the color, shape, alignment, or trademark registration symbol.
- Logos need to be seen in their entirety and should not be covered or layered with other marks or graphic elements.
- Logos and wordmarks cannot be used to make different words.
- No stylized or cartoon images of a beaver are permitted. Use of consistent graphics helps build brand consistency.
- Illustrations of Benny the mascot are permitted, but designs must closely match the on-field costume.
- Parody designs are not permitted. All artwork should be original.
- Oregon State trademarks may not be used in any manner that suggests or implies Oregon State University endorsements of products, services, political parties or views, or religious organizations or beliefs.
- Oregon State Trademarks may not be used in connection with illegal drugs, tobacco, gambling, inherently dangerous products such as firearms and explosives, or sexually suggestive products or language.
- Oregon State University will not approve art that it determines, taints, or undermines its goodwill
Recognized student organizations (RSOs) at Oregon State may be permitted to use the university's name, logos and trademarks. The following information outlines the process, eligibility and guidelines for design and fundraising. RSOs are classified as either a University Student Organization (USO) or an Affiliated Student Organization (ASO). Department Student Organizations (DSO) are not recognized and should follow the guidelines outlined for University departments. If you are not sure of your club's classification, search the full directory of student organizations. For more information, visit the Student Organizations and Activities Office.
University Student Organizations (USOs)
USOs can use "Oregon State University," "Beavers" or any derivation thereof in the organization's name. Further, USOs are eligible to use university logos, wordmarks and verbiage in their materials and products.
USOs cannot have unique companion logos for their organization.
Affiliated Student Organizations (ASOs)
ASOs cannot use any university logos or wordmarks and may only use the university's name as an identifier of location. Groups choosing to include the university name must list "at Oregon State University" or "at OSU" after the organizations name.
Items for ASOs are royalty exempt as OSU's name is only used as a location identifier.
- Student organizations are permitted to create unique logos to represent their group. All logos and designs need to follow the guidelines for their respective classification.
- The organization's full name should appear in the design or on the product, including club or team. This helps differentiate the organization from similar programs or departments on campus.
- Products containing university trademarks must be produced by a Campus Licensee.
- Products may be sold for fundraising purposes, however, items may not be sold on campus. The OSU Beaver Store has the exclusive right to sell university branded products on campus.