This project is co-sponsored by the Professional Faculty Leadership Association (PFLA), the OSU TRIAD Club, and The LaSells Stewart Center, with support from the Office of the President.
In keeping with Oregon State University’s commitment to help reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19, all events at the LaSells Stewart Center have been canceled. On Wednesday, March 18 it was determined that the risk to artists bringing in their work outweighed the audience that would be available to view it, therefore we will not be hanging the show. We thank the large number of artists who submitted their work!
View the 2020 Staff Art Show virtually! Thanks to The LaSells Stewart Center for posting all the submitted artwork.
Some details to be aware of when completing your registration.
Current staff, emeritus or retired staff will want to use ONID email for setting up their account. Persons without an ONID email will need to create a “New account.”
- Show is open to all current or retired OSU faculty, staff, Affiliates and their spouses.
- Artwork does not have to be completed within the last year.
- Art for this show will be selected from digital images by selection committee.
- If there are question or concerns about the art submitted or quality of the images of the art the committee will ask to see the work in person.
- If there are question about content, submission process or delivery contact Tina Green-Price.
This is a juried show. Accepted art list will be posted to the Giustina Gallery art exhibit webpage.
- Limit three (3) pieces. Bring artwork to the gallery M-F, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Artwork MUST have your name, title of the piece and a phone number attached to the back. Artwork without this information will NOT be accepted.
- All artwork must be ready to hang in a secure manner.
- Artwork size is preferred not exceed 48" in any direction (Exceptions considered, please contact University Events to discuss concerns.)
- Limited 3D artwork will be accepted. All 3D artwork must be less than 10" wide by 12" tall and should not exceed 20 lbs. (Exceptions considered, please contact University Events to discuss concerns.)
- You are required to submit a digital photo of your artwork when registering artwork for consideration. File must be submitted as a JPEG format. Do not send original artwork.
If you are unable to upload your images or need help, please contact email@example.com or call 541-737-2402.
Submission of artwork constitutes agreement to all conditions of Giustina Gallery, OSU.
- A 30% commission will be retained from all sales.
- Payment for artworks sold will be sent to the artists within 60 days of the end of the exhibit.
- All sales are to be processed through The LaSells Stewart Center office.
- Submission of artwork constitutes agreement to all conditions of Giustina Gallery, OSU.
- Upon submission, the artist will automatically be added to the gallery art distribution list that provides information about upcoming exhibits and opportunities.
Congratulations to all of last year's featured artists!
2018's Recognized Artists:
- Best in Show: Richardo Matano
- President’s Choice: Elena Montalto
- Provost and Executive Vice President’s Choice: Laura Ehret
- Vice President’s Choice: Bruce Beicke
- Vice President’s Choice: Dawn Figueroa
- OSU150 Choice: Shyama Mahakalanda
See a list of all artists and artwork titles from the last show
"Since arriving to Oregon State, I have been impressed by the enormous talent of our classified and professional staff, not only in the workplace, but also in their own personal endeavors. In meetings with the Association of Office Professionals and Professional Faculty Leadership Association, I was asked to consider support for an art exhibit for staff artists. We have so few opportunities to celebrate the talents that our staff offer, and for this reason, I would like to invite you to consider this event sponsored through AOP and PFLA."
A message from President Ray sparked the first Classified and Professional Faculty Art Exhibit held in 2011.
"I was impressed with the diversity of the works, and the pure talents of all the artists who moonlight as registrars, accountants, technicians, clerical staff and administrators here at OSU. I believe when their colleagues in their respective offices see their talents, they're going to be amazed, as I was."
Comment by John Maul, Department Chair and Professor in the Department of Art after viewing the first staff art exhibit.
If you have any questions or are interested in being placed on the notification list for future art exhibits, please contact Shelly Signs at 541-737-0724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.